Haxey Memorial Hall – Conditions of Booking for one-off events
The hall is let subject to acceptance by the hirer of the following conditions:
1. CAPACITY – The maximum permitted capacity for the premises is 225 persons.
- The Main Hall is 120 for dances/functions OR 199 for close seating.
- The Main Hall and Jubilee Room is 160 persons for dances/functions.
2. FIRE SAFETY –
- All hirers MUST agree by signing the attached tear off slip that they understand and will comply with the Haxey Memorial Hall Fire Safety Regulations which are displayed in the foyer.
- A mobile phone must be available at all times to contact the Emergency Services if required.
3. TIME –
- Length of hire and charge will be agreed at the time of booking.
- The agreed times must be adhered to otherwise additional charges will be made if the premises are not vacated.
- The hall’s premises license does not allow any form of entertainment after 12 midnight.
- The hall must be vacated as soon possible after the event and as quietly as possible.
4. CLEANING –
The hirer is responsible for leaving the hall in a reasonable condition:-
- All rubbish must be put in the bins outside and fridges emptied.
- All recycling must be taken away.
- The kitchen must be left clean and any equipment used must be cleaned.
- When the dishwasher is used it must be in accordance with the instructions (available in the kitchen) and it must be properly drained and filters cleaned after use.
5. PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS –
- All payments are to be received 14 days prior to event.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days before the event will be charged at 50%.
6. BREAKAGES AND DAMAGE BOND –
- To avoid damaging the floors tables and chairs must be lifted, not dragged.
- A charge will be made for :-
- any breakages/damages
- extra cleaning as a result of abuse or misuse of these facilities
- A refundable bond of £100.00 in the form of a cheque made payable to Haxey Memorial Hall, or cash will be required, AT THE TIME OF BOOKING, for all social events and weddings. Cost of breakages and/or extra cleaning will be deducted from this bond if necessary.
7. PERSONAL BELONGINGS –
- Any property brought into the hall is done so at the owners’ risk.
- All belongings should be removed at the end of the allocated time.
8. USE OF KITCHENS –
- Preparation of food is restricted to the kitchen areas.
- Please adhere to food preparation rules displayed in the kitchen.
- Hire of the main hall kitchen entitles use of all kitchen amenities including cutlery and crockery.
9. LICENSED BARS –
- Because the number of bars allowed in one year is restricted, the hirer must inform us of their intention to run a bar at the time of booking and secure their own license.
- Permitted hours for sale of alcohol are 10am to 11.30 pm Monday to Saturday and 10am to 10pm Sunday.
- Bars can only be sited in the Jubilee Room bar area or in the Main Hall kitchen when it is not being used for food preparation.
10. SOUND SYSTEM –
- The Main Hall has a built in sound system which is available for use by hirers.
- On/Off switches and instructions for use are to be found in “the wings” at the right hand side of the stage. THE SYSTEM SETTINGS MUST NOT BE CHANGED.
11. CAR PARKING –
- Hall users are requested to use the car park whenever possible.
- All cars are left in the car park at the owner’s risk.
12. AMENDMENT OF BLOCK BOOKING BY THIRD PARTY-
With the agreement of all parties involved, it is possible to book the hall when it would normally be in use by a regular client. This must be arranged through the caretaker and must allow at two months notice to be given to the regular hirer
13. RIGHTS –
- The Hall Committee reserves the right to refuse or cancel any booking.
14. AGE RESTICTIONS –
- Bookings cannot be accepted from anyone under the age of 21.
- Children’s parties (up to 17 years) must be supervised by responsible adults and consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden.
15. BOOKINGS and ENQUIRIES –
- All bookings and enquiries, text or phone 07443493059, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org